Thursday, January 1, 2009

Twenty-oh-nine

So, 2008 has just passed, and we have stepped into a new year, 2009. This is the first year in a long time that I am crossing into the new year without much hoo-haa and fanfare and this sort of gives me time to think. To reflect about things and also to think about how I want 2009 to be.
I hope that for me, 2009 would be a year of greater heights, and of greater breakthroughs. 2009 would be a year that I heed my own advice and love fiercely and be loved fiercely. I will treasure the people around me more. I will learn to enjoy the present and not be affected by both the past and future.
There are many, many things that I want to do, I hope for in 2009 but right now, there's a bittersweet feeling running through me that I can't really put into words. It's a melancholic feeling, but yet infused with expectation and hope. Yet another year has passed and another year is right before us. We can do anything we want with this blank slate.
As always, I must remind myself to remember God, to be thankful for the past year, and also to expect something for the year ahead. Like all relationships, I want to be on a deeper level with Him this year. I just want to be more faithful, more hungry and more reliant on Him. Let me go through 2009 not by my own strength, not alone but with God by my side every step of the way.

No comments: