Monday, December 29, 2008

Hi, I am Jeremy and I am a shopaholic

Hi, I am Jeremy and I am a shopaholic. The first step to overcoming an addiction is admitting that you have a problem. I just blew more money on clothes and the scary part is that I am able to justify my purchase.
Somehow, all the blame can't be placed on me. I went out with yan again today to shop and saw many many nice things! :) Especially nice checkered shirts. Another of my weaknesses, with jeans being the other.
I saw a nice one from Maiden Noir, a Seattle-based brand carried at Know It Nothing at Haji Lane, another at Queen's Couture at Heeren. But they all ran at much more than $200 per shirt and to me, that is too much to pay for a shirt. Jeans perhaps but not a shirt. Because you can wear the same jeans for months on end but not a shirt. :)
So anyway, I finally saw a nice checkered shirt by Carhartt. I have heard about this brand but had no idea about the quality and all that. But trying it on and feeling the fabric, and at less than $100, I felt that it was a worthwhile buy.
So here I am, rationalizing that this would be my last buy of the year and this would at the same time be my New Year clothes. :) And I am starting to think that it's not solely my fault that I am a shopaholic. Yan was with me both times I splurged on clothes. Hmmm...
Anyway, just a side note. I just met one of the most ungracious girl I have ever seen. Yan and I were on the MRT when yan lost her balance and accidentally stepped on the foot of a girl who was sitting with her boyfriend. Yan was so apologetic and felt so bad but the girl just turned away from us, leaned against her boyfriend and complained. Good thing her boyfriend was gracious to accept the apology. And I think that she was more concerned with her pedicure than it was painful. She totally ignored yan in a compartment full of people.
I feel that no matter how painful it is, you should just accept the apology. It was not an insincere apology at all and I am not being biased. Everyone could see that yan felt bad. And it was definitely not done on purpose. What a lousy person you are, whoever you are. Shame on you.
And yan, if you are reading, I have to mention this: NBT's Neo Bak Zhang!!!! :P

No comments: