When mounting an attack on an enemy's base, a good tactician would know to plan the attack during the so-called dead hour, from 2am to 3am (I found that the dead hour is from 3-4am, so 2-3am is the almost-dead hour :P), when people are at their least active and in deep slumber.
I reckon that this is the same for us, and especially for my emotional being. I am very susceptible to bouts of melancholy during these hours. And what's more, this 'problem' is compounded when I listen to Class 95 at these hours, when practically all the songs played are love songs.
Why am I saying all these? I was just on the way home after a good time of steamboat and chilling out with my cg when a profound sense of loss and longing just hit me while I was in my car. I don't know how else to describe it but it was so acute that it was almost painful physically. And I have absolutely no idea what that was about. It wasn't something concrete or specific; it was almost like a wisp of smoke, insubstantial but still very real. Somehow, the knowledge of this.. this.. this melancholy is just beyond my grasp; whenever I approach it, it dances out of my reach.
It is in the dead hour, when all is quiet and still, that it hits you. It hits you hard and you don't know what it is. You are left reeling and a hollow feeling develops inside.
No comments:
Post a Comment