Friday, January 16, 2009

Switch off

I am going to say something and I hope that anyone out there reading this would not look upon me poorly for saying this: I am only human and I am very flawed. Please do not judge me when I fail or I fall, when I scream or I shout, when I slip or I trip. I am only human, and by nature am flawed. I am not perfect and never will be; I am just human, that everyone can see.

One major flaw that I have is that I am not open as people want me to be or even not as much as I want to be. I am in too much 'control' of my emotions that sometimes it's scary how easily I turn them on and off. Maybe not control but surpressing? Anyway, I can almost feel a physical sensation when I shut down my emotions pertaining to certain things. And of course, this 'mechanism' is not perfect. There are times when I am unable to control my emotions and there are times I choose not to. But it's still a rather scary thing, to be almost able to feel that 'switching' off of my emotions. Also, being melancholic in nature, I feel that slightly darker emotions have a stronger pull and a more lasting effect on me. So I tend to focus on those emotions more. They are in a way, not as easy to control.

Anyway, time to 'switch off' again.

'It's just emotions, taking me over. Caught up in sorrow, lost in a song.'

No comments: