So after many, many years of wearing spectacles, I finally gave in and went to make contact lenses today. At Kev's mum's shop. Due to my super duper lousy eyesight, my contacts must be made special and they cost a whooping amount!!! And that's after a super discount discount. Oh man. So expensive. And I will definitely get people telling me whatnot, that I look better with spectacles and I look funny without spectacles and the like. But I don't care! Or at least I try not to. Spectacles are getting bothersome to me. It's not a vanity issue with me. There, I said it. So to all you people who are going to laugh at me, in front of me or behind me, RAWR!
So anyway, going to the optician always makes me scared. Not because I have a phobia. But because everytime I go to the optician, my eyesight is proven to have worsen. It's like I am becoming blind bit by bit. And the scary part? I can't do anything about it. I can't Lasik because my cornea is too thin. I can't do anything to reverse the deterioration of my eyesight. I am so scared of becoming blind. :(
So I decided to consult a specialist at the Singapore National Eye Center soon, to see what can be done. But first, I must waste hours upon of hours of my life at the polyclinic to get a referral. And I have to get it done soon. Oh, how I wish I had better eyesight! Don't let me experience the dark, the dark of not being able to see.
No comments:
Post a Comment