Sometimes, it takes something negative to open your eyes to positive things. Just like how it takes losing something to realise it's worth. Or how death makes you realise how precious life is, with all the blessings that you have in life.
I do feel that I am blessed in many many ways but sometimes, one can't help but to magnify small problems and issues into gargantuan ones without realising how petty these things are. Maybe it's being too self centered. But one's problems are always the most difficult ones... Until your eyes are open to other people.
Just came back from a funeral wake. And a bagful of mixed feelings. In Chinese, there is a term, '心酸' (don't know if I got the words right) which basically translates to 'sour heart' or heartache. I feel that the Chinese term is more representative of the emotion. Just feel very '心酸' about life and death.
Life is so fragile, and it is very true, some thing that I read once. 'Life ends for the dead when they die, but leaves the alive to mourn and cry.' Or something to that effect. So while it is still light, make haste and count your blessings. Don't wait until darkness falls to mourn for the loss of light. Love fiercely, and be loved fiercely.
No comments:
Post a Comment