This post is dedicated to the most giving, the most sacrificial, the most generous person in my life, my mother! Everyone would say that their mum is the best but my mum is better than all others! Hahaha. I just realised that my mum is very giving of herself, to the point where others may have just turned their backs and given up. She makes me feel that I could be a better person, and makes me want to be a better person for her sake. Many things I don't need to state here but I know it in my heart that makes her the most noble person in my life. So, here's my attempt at an ode to her.
The most precious thing in the world is neither silver nor gold,
But a mother's sacrifice, a mother's giving, a mother's hold.
When the days become tough and the nights become long,
A mother's love stays strong and keeps us going on.
Asking for nothing in return but pouring out all,
Just so I can stand up strong and proud and not fall.
Even when it's difficult to go on, difficult to love,
Still she puts herself right as the last, and puts us first.
The most precious thing in the world is neither silver nor gold,
But a mother's love, of width, depth and breadth untold.
No comments:
Post a Comment