Just spent Xmas helping my mum pack the storeroom. Actually, didn't help a lot also. But at least we cleared out a lot of stuff. But somehow, the storeroom still looks packed. So anyway, while clearing out the storeroom, I had to look through many boxes of my old toys. And boy, do I have loads of toys. Especially Ninja Turtle toys. Hahaha. Used to love those guys. Picking through the boxes, many memories of my childhood surfaced. Like how I played with those toys. And how easily they way I played with them came back to me. Fun and innocent times. But still, I had to harden my heart and throw out a lot of stuff.
I realised that not to be a packrat, we have to really harden our hearts and throw away stuff that may have sentimental value to us. All the toys really brought back memories and throwing them away is akin to throwing away the memories. But then again, keeping them in the storeroom for 10 years is also like losing those memories for 10 years, because we never even knew those things were still in there until today. It's hard to put into words but people who have to throw their things out will understand.
But even as we approach the end of the year, and I had to help in the packing, this reminds me of how I have to stay grateful. Looking at the toys that I have, I really have to be grateful that I have great parents who dote on me. I have everything I could want in terms of material possessions. But more than just material possessions, I am just thankful for my family. I can't help but acknowledge, I am blessed.
No comments:
Post a Comment