Tuesday, January 1, 2008

2008

Well, the old has been cast off, the new is being welcomed with open arms.. At least it seems to be the case seeing the excitement of people when ushering in the new year.. I spent my countdown to the new year at East Coast Park and it was.. interesting.. First, I walked 45 minutes from my car to the most convenient meeting place, MacDonald's.. We had a nice and quiet time praying and contemplating what the new year has in store for each and every one of us and of course not forgetting our dreams and visions for the new year.. Then we played card games and later, we headed to Marine Parade to chill out at the MacDonald's.. It's a nice place to chill out, literally as it was super windy.. Throughout this whole night, I had loads of time to sort out my thoughts..
I just feel a sense of melancholy hanging over me these past few days.. It's an inexplicable feeling, a weird sense of loss and longing that I can't fully describe.. I can't quite place my finger on what I am feeling but perhaps it is because of such a major chance as multiplication.. After more than 3 years, things finally changed.. It's a bittersweet feeling and to me, perhaps more bitter than sweet.. Change is the only constant in life and we have to learn to go with the flow and be adaptable.. But sometimes I just feel that since everything is so transient in life, what's the point? But still, life goes on and these feelings will pass.. I know that for a fact..
Well, in this new year, I have a few goals that I really hope to achieve.. It's a three part list; spirit, soul and body.. First of all, for my spiritual life, I hope to grow closer to God in this new year.. Beside change, God is also constant in our lives.. So I have to build up a life based on prayer and fasting and bible reading.. Next, for my soul, I want to be less impatient, less cynical and less judgemental.. Finally for my body, as I have already listed below, healthier body! Hahaha.. That covers all bases I guess.. Well, for those who are perpetually concerned for my love life although I am still quite young (you guys know who you are :P), I hope that this year would be the year as well.. Hahaha.. There is a timing for everything under the sun yeah? :)
All in all, I am hopeful that 2008 will be a good year for everyone; there will be laughter and there will be tears.. I hope that although circumstances have changed and all, the bonds that had been built in the past year will not go to waste.. Stay in touch!!

No comments: