Thursday, January 24, 2008

Self defense

I am thinking of taking up a form of self defense. There comes a time in a person's life when he has to defend himself and/or his loved ones and knowing how to do it properly may make the difference between life and death. I was interested in self defense since young but I did not take up may martial arts because there was no one to accompany me. Hahaha. So I was looking through different self defense styles and came across this self defense style called krav maga. Devised and used by the Israeli military, this is the nitty gritty of self defense. No nonsense stuff. And these guys are literally born into a hotbed of violence so they know what they are doing. I am going down to Kinokuniya tomorrow to check out a few books I saw about krav maga to read up more. In Singapore, only one place teaches this discipline and it is so far away and pretty costly so I have to learn more before committing. So to anyone out there who is interested in learning this form of self defense with me, check out their website at http://www.kravmaga.com.sg/

No comments: