Sunday, January 13, 2008

Start of something new

I am at the cusp of the new semester and I feel that this is the right time to list down some stuff for the new semester and for the year ahead. Some aims for the new year and habits that I hope to form.. And hopefully these habits will last for many many years to come too.. First of all, I want to wake up at 0730 everyday regardless of whether it is a weekend or weekday or I have early or late classes.. I realised that sleeping too few hours can make one feel tired but sleeping too much can do the same too!! So I aim for 6-7 hours a day so getting up at 0730 seems good.. This also gives me the time to do stuff like squeeze in some exercise time to lead my charge against my horrendous fatty nemesis.. :P So the plan is that I will wake up every day at 0730 and get some resistance training or cardio by means of skipping or running done.. I have been slacking off so much this break that I am so fat now.. :( My masterplan from my previous post has not been put into action as of yet.. But all these starts tomorrow!!!
Also, for my studies, I want to revise my work for 1-2 hours a day.. After every bit of new material, I want to review and digest it so that when quizzes or exams come along, I will not be so stressed up and mug like crazy.. A lofty goal but having a goal gives direction.. So I will continue to give my best in my studies and strive for good grades.. No complacency nor slackening off.. And also, I will strive to do any project work or long term homework consistently so that it does not snowball.. Well, that's my goal for the new semester.. So, take baby steps first and I am sure that this semester will be enjoyable!
And also, I want to work out a plan to reduce my carbon footprint.. I want to drive less to school.. Petrol consumption is contributing to the pollution that our poor Earth is facing but more than that, petrol prices are at an all time high!!! So I will try to get a feel for my schedule and try to fit in non-driving days.. :) At least my heart is in the right place..

No comments: