Sunday, August 31, 2008

Simplicity

I may not look the part, but I feel that deep down inside I am a very simple person. Not simple minded but simple hearted. I don't desire to be the best, the most outstanding or whatever. I just want to do what I can and that's all. And I like being simple hearted; being too complex, making things too complex makes no sense to me.
I like the simple pleasures in life; reading a good book, enjoying good weather, hanging out with friends, having a good laugh, eating good food.
I guess I hope that with my simple heart comes along a certain sense of innocence, something childlike-ness that I hope to keep for the rest of my life. I hope not to grow too cynical, to be unable to enjoy simple things.
Well, just a thought. Young people try so hard to act grown up, by claiming that they want freedom and whatnot but they do not understand that there are responsibilities involved. And what does that say about them? They are not mature enough to handle freedom!
What I say? Enjoy being childlike, enjoy the simple times, enjoy life. Simple times go by fast and once your life is complicated by things, simplicity is hard to come by again. So, here's to simplicity...

No comments: