Well, have you ever had these experiences? A good friend you have not seen for a long long time meets up with you and you guys used to talk about everything under the sun. But after a long hiatus, suddenly you seem like strangers and there is even an awkwardness, perhaps a sense of a friendship irrevocably changed. And yet, there are friends whom you have not seem for ages and when you meet up, it's like the weeks and months just melt away and you seem to continue from where you left off so long ago.
Well, met up with Serene today to have dinner and a little catching up. And I am so glad that she is the latter type of friend. We talked, we shared and we laughed, a lot! And babe, if you are reading this, you still look as good as ever, perhaps even better! ;) And those who think that perhaps I have found 'The One', Serene is happily married to a nice guy! Hahaha. So to all the girls I supposedly rejected [check out my tagboard ;)], there is still hope! *crazy*
Anyway, I just cut my hair short. Mixed reviews. I personally think that I look so 'tut' but well, there are (blind) people who say that my new look is not bad. Oh well, no matter. Hair grows out sooner or later. Hahaha. And I am determined to stop all the 'fat' and 'ugly' talk about myself. I must confess positively! Hahaha. So I will try to change my world with the power of my words! But one baby step at a time ya?
Oh, and finally, I must say that I was pleasantly surprised by the service in two places I went today. First, our waitress at Outback Steakhouse was rather pleasant and polite. Although she got our orders slightly mixed up, I still felt that if we were a tipping nation, she would have received a not too shabby tip from me! And the cashier at Borders, sorry I didn't get your name but you did a great job! She was so perky and enthusiastic that I left Borders with a smile on my face! All that at around 11p.m.!!! These two people gives me hope for our service industry! Keep up the good work!
No comments:
Post a Comment