I'm walking in circles,
Treading in the mud.
Here I am once again,
Stuck in the same old rut.
This place is all too familiar,
I've been here too many times before.
Now my resolve is battered and bruised,
And my spirit is all too sore.
My spring of my step has failed,
My hands have no strength left.
My soul is heavy and weary,
My heart yearns for a rest.
One moment at top of the world,
The apogee, the utmost peak.
The tide turned in a blink of an eye,
I end up in the valley deep.
Will water wash me clean?
Will the furnance refine?
Or will the heavens close upon me?
And the mountains start to deign?
Is there anything I can do?
Anything that I can say?
To break out of this vicious cycle,
To see the dawn of a new day?
Can things begin to change?
Can I make it through it all?
Can I have a second chance?
To avoid the drop, to avoid the fall?
No comments:
Post a Comment