Sunday, May 27, 2007

Good day out!!!

Wow!! Just reached home not too long ago... Stuffed my face full of food just now!!! Until bursting point!! Hahaha... Really want to thank the person who made this happen... You know who you are!!! :) And had a good time of fellowship just now... Enjoyed myself... Talked about so many things!! And not just idle chatter... Good thought provoking stuff... :) Saw two cute little boys at the adjacent table too... Were running all over the place... And they are so shy... One was right beside me and I asked him for his name and he did something so cute!!! He covered his face in shyness!!! Hahaha... Am I so repulsive? :P Hope not... Oh yeah, something interesting happened today... A native Chinese tourist came up to us today and asked for help about how to go to Sentosa... Sometimes, we are so familar with something that we take it for granted... Suddenly it was so difficult to explain how he should go to Sentosa via MRT from City Hall station... Anyway, we were going in the same direction so we asked him to come along... On the way, being the friendly Singaporean that I am, I struck up a conversation with him.. I realised that my conversational Chinese stinks!!! He was so fluent and I felt like so embarrassed to be speaking Chinese to him... Could not understand some stuff he was saying... And he asked me somethings that were thought provoking.. He asked me where my forefathers were from, because he said most Singaporeans are Chinese so he asked which part of China my forefathers were from... And I did not know!! Oh man... Are we really losing our roots? Are we drifting out of touch with our heritage? I will ask my parents about it when they come home!!! And he was asking where I was studying and all and what major... I did not know how to put it in Chinese... And he said it is alright, I can speak in English... Gives me something to ponder about... :P But as a communications student, it is so interesting that although there may be language barriers and all, it can still be overcome with some human empathy and of course, a large doses of the Traveller-sign-titis... :P Using large actions to bring across your point and immediately labelling yourself as a traveller... :P Well, I did not have much problems communicating the basics of what I wanted to say but I am just saying that words are not the only means that we are reach out to each other... Communication is all around!!! :) Cool major to do... The studying is not too cool though... Hahaha... Anyway, forgot to write about something I witnessed on the train... Was chit chatting and out of the blue, a little boy started screaming!!! He was speaking in Malay so did not really understand and I thought that he was just throwing a tantrum and it will all be over soon... But goodness gracious, his mum started SCREAMING back at him in the people-packed carriage!!! He started screaming back his mum just whacked him hard... And hard I mean that even I, who was just watching out of the corner of my eye discreetly could sense the impact!!! I cringed!!! It was literally thumping loud!!! The boy continued screaming and basically making a big hoo haa... The whole carriage just went into shock!!! Deathly silence reigned... His mum just casually turned away and talked to her friend while the boy kept crying and shouting... Just when he was about to quiet down, his mum whacked him again!!! And not surprisingly, he started all over again!!! Good thing they got off soon... So awkward... It's tough being a parent I tell you... Be nice to your parents!!!

Exodus 20:12 "Honor your father and your mother, so that you may live long in the land the LORD your God is giving you. "

P.S. Have not heard from my parents for 2 nights... Hope that they will come back with what I asked them for... :P

No comments: