Can I just be me?
Can I just be free?
Can I have my own life station?
Can I live without heavy expectations?
Can I stop hiding behind a mask?
Can I not feel lonely, from morning to dusk?
Can I say that I feel so small?
Can I say I feel nothing at all?
Can I feel tired and feeble and weak?
Can I feel I have no more words left to speak?
Can I be human, made of flesh and blood?
Can I say I cannot swim, amidst the raging flood?
Can I live my life and never conform?
Can I sing to my own tune, play to my own song?
Can I say that I am going to fall?
Can I laugh as I go through it all?
Can I not feel like a candle burnt at both ends?
Can I yearn for the comfort of just one true friend?
Can I say that I am scared, that I am afraid?
Can I stop having doubts and fears in my head?
Can I say I am running on empty and nothing more?
Can I say I can't even jump, much less soar?
Can I?
Can I?
No comments:
Post a Comment