Monday, September 8, 2008

Isn't it funny how we humans are so prone to negativity? Especially for me I think. I realised that one negative thing that you hear will burrow and bury itself into your mind and at the same time, wipe out ten other positive things that you have heard. And even when I hear positive things, I would be just that little bit disbelieving. So it is extremely difficult for me to receive positive comments. Hahaha. No wonder people around are frustrated with me. But the first step to recovery is to admit that you have a problem. Hahaha.
But isn't it the case for most people? The negative just sticks with you and escalates while the positive always seems to fade away into the background, perhaps even further. You can do a million good deeds but slip up once and the whole world pounces on you. Maybe it's our obsession with perfection.
So, I feel that it is time for me not to have such a perfectionist mentality. It's time for me to have not a negative mindset but a positive one. I want to remember the positive and let go of the negatives. Like does attract like so I want to start attracting positive things. I want to stop comparing and start living. I want to be able to find perfection in the imperfect. Will my life be better then? I will tell you in a bit. Hahaha.

No comments: