Monday, May 5, 2008
The good old days
I just realised that quiet, neighbourhood-y places never fail to instill in me a sense of melancholy. Perhaps it reminds me of my childhood at my grandmother's old house at Kallang. It was a quiet neighbour but not without its charms. I can remember most vividly the stores upon stores that was just across the road. I was fascinated by the coconut grinder.. :) But old, rundown places hold their charm for me. I just get this feeling, of a strange sense of longing, a nostalgia.. It is familiar and yet foreign; close to the heart yet seemingly so far away.. Certain songs do that too.. But I get that feeling the strongest when I go to older neighbourhoods where it is quieter. Ahhh.. How I long for the good old days..
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment