I noticed a ray of light recently,
that appeared in places I least expect.
Always catching me by surprise
But there's nothing wrong with that.
When I try to search and seek
It appears to be far, far away, unable to attain
And just as I stop yearning
It comes out of the blue and I start over again
My heart beats in disarray
yet it brings a smile to my face,
However when I look in the mirror
I start to feel so out of place
Melancholy takes over
For something so beautiful can't possibly belong to me
For who can bottle a ray of light?
To keep for his eyes only to see
Am I destined to remain in the background?
For it does not know that I yearn
Even if for a fleeting second
For its glow that warms but does not burn
Can I do anything to ease the pain?
When in my own eyes I feel so small
A mountain to surmount, an ocean to cross
I feel like next to all these I am nothing at all
But still quietly I long for and patiently I wait
For a glimpse of perfection, for a touch of fate
No comments:
Post a Comment