Monday, November 12, 2007

Jeremiah 1:5 "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you; ..."
As I look back on my life, I would like to think that though there were many ups and downs, I have made it this far! It's been a journey; a discovery of strengths and weaknesses and of learning and of enjoyment, and not forgetting of hurts and pains.. Looking back, I have come a long way since my teenage years.. I have learnt, through hard knocks and falls and I know that I have so much more to learn.. Things have happened, people have come and gone.. And I would not exchange anything in this world for all the things that I have been through, good and bad.. I am a firm believer that we are who we are because of what we have been through.. What does not kill us makes us stronger, and a better person at that.. Well, in this new year of my life, I want to be closer to a very important person in my life, God.. I realised that it is not me who has brought me to where I am but it is Him.. I have this feeling all along that He has His eyes on me from the start and it is a special feeling.. And I know after so many years that come hell or high waters, He will be there.. I may have taken Him for granted so many, many times but I hope that this year will be different.. Many times I felt like giving up on Him but I know that He has never given up on me.. So, I dedicate this day to you, God.. Many many more years to come, walking by Your side! And my wish for my birthday? The next most important thing in my life is that my family is protected and blessed.. And happy.. :)

No comments: