Thursday, August 23, 2007

Expiry dates

All things have an expiry date. Whenever you buy something, be it to eat or to use, it will always have markings that say 'Best before xx/xx/xxxx' or 'Once opened, please consume by xx/xx/xxxx' The thing is, nothing in life is permanent. There is a Chinese saying, 'Smoke and cloud passing before one's eyes.' I feel that this is what make life so bittersweet; change.

Without change, we would not know the better things in store for us. Without change, we would not grow to who we are meant to be. Without change, life would be stale and boring. Without change, Man would still be stuck hunting and gathering and bonking their women on their heads.

With change, comes a fresh start. With change comes new beginnings. With change comes better things. But with change also comes uncertainty.

I find myself dreading change. Looking back, so many things have changed. But there is a longing within me, for the good old days; days without worries, days without troubles, days without concerns.

Change brings about heartache as well. People said that I do not open up much, that I am like a closed book. Perhaps this is true. I was thinking and I realised that I had no problem in the past opening up to people. That's why although I have not much contact with the friends that I share with right now, I still consider those times as times where I could share anything and everything.

No comments: