Thursday, August 16, 2007

Addicted...

Whew... Just came back from a short jog... Did perhaps 3-4 km? No idea... Cooling down and drying up right now... This is my first jog in a gazillion years!!! Been turned off from running during army times when I had to train for the Army Half Marathon... But now I am back... As I was jogging along just now at my snail's pace (that's because I have not ran in ages!!!), I suddenly found myself jogging with a smile on my face... Nah... I was not possessed although the Hungry Ghost Festival just started... :P I suddenly realised that why I liked to jog in the first place; the peace at night, the endorphin rush, the air rushing past your ears, the sense of solitude I get, the clearness of the mind, yada yada etc etc... The list goes on... But I feel my passion for a healthy lifestyle coming back... that's good... :) my whole body is aching from yesterday's workout as well... that's good too!!! :P
I went to peninsular to get some tee shirts... Alstyle Apparel and Activewear, more affectionately known as AAA... That's some good and cheap stuff man... Addicted!!! All in all, in perhaps a month, I've gotten 7 tees from the store... I didn't realise that I have been checking out the store regularly... Come to think of it, almost every Wednesday when I have bible study, I will stop by peninsular first to check out the tees... Madness... But I have sworn to stop this obsession from today... Got enough AAA tees to last me... Why did I have this thought? I stepped into the store today thinking that I was anonymous but to my surprise, the lady glanced at me lazily from her television set and said, "How many and what colour?" I was stunned!!! I replied sheepishly, "I came in so many times huh?" The lady just laughed and nodded... :P This has gone to far in my books... Hahaha... Well, to those who think that I have to wear expensive stuff all the time (you know who you are), I don't... I can get addicted to inexpensive stuff like AAA as well... Hahaha... and for your information, AAA tees are PLAIN tees... No graphics, no branding whatsoever... I remember Will going with me to the store and when I got the tees and was so happy, he turned to me and said, "You do realised that these are PLAIN tees right?" :P What can I say? I am a simple guy.... But I like AAA... Good simple stuff... No frills, not flashy... Awesome...
Well, on the topic of clothes, another obsession of mine has recently resurfaced!!! Denim!!! Oh man... Now I am thinking of looking for people who hit up Japan regularly and who are kind enough to do the legwork for me to get some jeans... Can't justify to myself the costs of shipping them in... Have to get at the cheapest possible price... :P Anyone willing to do me a favour? Hahaha... Cheers...

No comments: