Those who know me know that I am such a consumer. So it should be surprising that I am inspired by NYT's recent article on consumerism, which led me to search for "The 100 Things Challenge."
So, I am going to start on my own journey, and what better time than to start tonight. But I am setting a more modest goal of 100 items of clothing. This is just the start of something small, but something that could potentially lead to something bigger! :) So don't judge me for my lack of faith...
Since the original challenge allowed for a year to pare stuff that one owns down to 100 items, I am also going to take my time to set aside things that I don't really need/use anymore, and get ready to give them away. I give myself 2 months, which is totally arbitrary. Will try to update regularly about my journey. It is time to de-clutter my life!
And following in the footsteps of the original writer, I am going to set a few of my own rules, in addition to what he had already mentioned.
1. I am going to be brutal and ruthless about giving away my stuff.
2. But things with sentimental value stay.
So with these 2 caveats, in addition to the original game plan, I am going to try to tackle the biggest mountain (literally) in my room, my wardrobe! Counting down the hours.
Let's see where this goes in a couple of days. I bet Salvation Army is going to be so glad! :P
No comments:
Post a Comment