Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Job seeking

Okay. So after 'graduating' from school, the next step, after slacking, is to start looking for a job. Now, it's not as easy as it looks. Here are some easy steps to get you going...

First, you have got to find the motivation and the drive to get off your butt to do something. Done? Now, get off your butt and do something RELATED to looking for a job....

Second, now that we are on the same page, this is very important. Listen carefully now. Take a look at your contacts, people that you know, and see... Who has the most potential? To take all the complaining and whining that 'studying is much more fun,' or how 'I don't know what to do with my life,' or 'I just want to relax first,' or related nonsense.

Third, whine to the person with the most potential, preferably someone who is in the same boat as you, until they can't take anymore of your nonsense. Then move on to the next most potential person. Continue as much as needed.

Fourth, being mentally prepared is of utmost importance. Be prepared that people around you, especially your well-meaning family, are going to ask you when you are going to start looking for a job and stop whiling your time away. Be prepared with witty repartees like, 'I am just gathering myself up so that I can be the next President of Singapore,' or the like. That will leave them speechless and you have achieved your aim, to silence them.

As you can see, currently I am in the midst of looking for a job, which is the most natural step to take, now that I have officially finished my studies. The problem is, or rather, the problems are, I don't know what I can do, or what I would like to do. My resume is not up yet, although I will get started on it real soon (I promise) and I am running out of energy being bored at home with nothing to do.

So, I guess it's time to really start getting down to work and start taking an interest in my future. Wish me all the best in my job hunt. I will start tomorrow....

No comments: