Friday, July 31, 2009

Freaky

Well, had an exciting day today, or rather, yesterday. Well, at least toward the end of the day... After a gruelling 11+ hours at Will's house doing our PR project, we had a neutral party, Clemmie, saying that our video was 'okay' only... So much for blowing the other teams out of the water.

Headed to try out the famous Punggol Nasi Lemak (although I had tried it a couple of times before, chicken wing, sedap!) but it was closed!!!! After breathing down my hokkien noodles, Janis and I went to get a packet of durians!!!! Woohoo!!! After years of durian celibacy, I finally had the chance to try the famous Mao Shan Wang durian!!! Tasty, but jelak lah! When driving out, I went against the flow, so to speak... Oops!

But the highlight of the day was yet to come. On the way back, with Nurul and Janis in the car, we were just about the let Nurul off when the motorcycle right in front of us ran over a piece of wood that the construction site beside so inconsiderately left behind and skidded for a few meters! It was like so surreal, with sparks flying and the motorcyclist tumbling, arms and legs flailing all over the place. I avoided that lane, stopped by the side of the road to help the poor dude. He wasn't drunk but was shocked and supremely unlucky. He wasn't injured when I left him though. I had to remove the wood and even a heavy metal piece on the road before anyone else got hurt. A nice taxi uncle stopped to help the poor guy as well. Hope that he is fine, the motorcyclist I mean... Freaky.

No comments: