Thursday, April 1, 2010

Pile up on AYE... Almost

So, I was driving down AYE, on the way to pick my mummy up, when suddenly the car in front of me jammed on his brakes (and one of his brake lights spoil somemore) and I had to stomp on mine as well. Well, I.... managed to stop in time, with space to spare. So, as I have a habit to do so, I observed what was going on behind me in the rearview mirror, to protect myself by being prepared (and also with a morbid curiosity that something may happen), and the car behind me managed to stop in time as well. So, again, I have a habit to move forward a little bit just in case the car behind me needed more space to stop and as I was moving forward, the car behind me got hit and got pushed to the front a bit. With that, I avoided being in a pile up on the AYE by mere inches! Whew!

Thinking about it, however, I realised that that habit of moving forward wasn't the smartest thing to do. See, if I didn't move forward, and get hit, I would be the first car in the pile up, and I wouldn't have to pay for any damages. But if I moved forward, and the car behind still couldn't stop in time, I would have hit the car in front of me, and I would have to pay for that! Moreover, both my back AND front would be smushed! I wouldn't want that now, wouldn't I? Well, lesson for the day, drive safe kiddies!


No comments: