'What excites you? What is your passion? What drives you?' I just had these questions posed to me at my first interview for a job, at City College. And guess what? I got stuck at these questions and started talking gibberish. Great way to perform in my first interview... Sheesh.
But more than that, I realised something. That come to think of it, I don't really have something in particular that I am absolutely passionate about... Well, nothing that really matters. I could say 'jeans' but that is just ridiculous.
If nothing else came out of the interview, at least it got me thinking: What is my passion in life? What excites me? What drives me? I was tempted in the interview to say money, but the truth is, I am not that materialistic. I like to think that there is more to me than just such a shallow aspect.
I guess I have got much soul searching, and self examination, to do. I need to find myself, be comfortable with myself, and settle within myself, 'What is my passion?' The road to self-discovery looks to me right now, to be long and winding.
No comments:
Post a Comment