Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Just live.



I don't ask for much, and yet I don't seem to get it. I only need things that are built to last, that will go the distance, that will remain relatively unchanged through the seasons and that will stand the test of time. Simple, right? But usually, the simplest things are the hardest to find.

On the shallow, superficial end, I want clothes and watches and shoes that I can wear everyday, that will remain classic, unaffected by the vagaries of fashion. I don't ask for much, but I don't seem to get it.

On a deeper note, I don't ask for much in relationships; I just need a few people who are there for me, through every season of life, whose relationship with me will only grow stronger with each passing day, with each experience shared, with each storm weathered. I don't ask for much, but I don't seem to get it.

It's times like this that I ask myself, 'Why do I even bother? Why do I even care?' It's times like this that I think, 'I don't ask for much in life; and yet I don't seem to get it.' It's times like this when I feel, that I feel is something that I wished I could switch off. It's times like this when I feel, a lot of things but nothing inside. I don't ask for much, but I don't seem to get it.

Don't remember, and don't hope. That's the best favour you can do for yourself. Just, live... Live in the moment, for the moment.

No comments: