So, Feli, Will and I had a deep, deep talk about life at lunch. Actually, mostly, they talked and I listened. And I realised that we are quite different in that aspect. They like to think about the deep things in life, like how the world is formed and all that. I, on the other hand, don't like to think about these kind of things. I admit that there are things out there that are beyond our comprehension. And it is also true that if we accept things as they are and not think further that what we are comfortable with, there will be no progress. But like what Feli said, it comes to a point where you just hit a brick wall.
How I see things is like this; I prefer to keep things simple. I am not a deep thinker and sometimes, deep thinking scares me. And I admit that I am no great thinker as well. But when you face the unknown, and perhaps the never-to-be-known, where do you go from there? To me, that's where faith, belief in something, comes in. True, our faith may be flawed as we are flawed. But to me, without faith, life is scary. Without faith, everything seems meaningless. There is no point in doing anything at all.
To each his own. Will said something that really struck a cord. He said in view of the entire universe, which by the way is expanding at the speed of light, we are so small and insignificant. Perhaps the things that we do have no effect on the grand scheme of things. But I beg to differ. The butterfly effect. It may be unproven but it brings up an interesting concept. A flap of a butterfly's wings may cause a typhoon somewhere else. I believe that we can and are making a difference in the world with the things that we do. Well, it may be just me but somehow, life seems easier to live this way.
My thinking may be simple minded but I am not simplistic. Many a times, I do question my faith and all but somehow, I feel that life would be unimaginable for me to live without faith. Somethings are too deep for our limited minds and it is just easier for me to accept that I don't know and may never know in my lifetime and trust. Even at the end, if there is really nothing but oblivion, I still feel that my life is better lived this way. Someday we'll know, we'll all know. But for now, I want to keep my life simple and just believe.
No comments:
Post a Comment