I just realised that year by year, the holiday spirit is slowly fading away. I remember Christmases and CNYs of yester-year, that there was always a sense of expectancy, a sense of festivity in the air. But alas, this spirit seems to have died out. Occasions for celebration has become just another holiday. Oh, the horror, the horror! But one thing I still like about CNY is the part where all of us get to buy new clothes and wear them when we go out visiting! One can't have enough reasons to buy new stuff. Hahaha.
Oh a less melodramatic note, it has been an exhausting CNY for me. Nah, not from collecting too many red packets. In fact, this year's 'harvest' is significantly lesser as I didn't get to see quite a number of my relatives this year. Oh well, que sara sara. Anyway, speaking of exhausting, I have been driving to and fro for the past 3 days. There has been no respite for me. Driving can get tiring, especially when your cousin calls you a chauffeur! Hahaha. Somehow, I just can't wait to get back to regular 'programming'. Hahaha. And and and.. I reckon that I have put on like 10 kilos from all the holiday good eats and snacking. Hahaha! And to think that I said in the previous post that I was going to put my masterplan into motion. I guess it can wait until next week! :P All the good friends whom I bonded with over the holidays such as pineapple tarts, hae bi hiam, love letters, kueh bangkit, cornflake cookies and assorted new best friends, I am going to have to say that it has been nice getting to know you so intimately but I have to get rid of the 'souvenirs' that your aquaintance has left on my body, namely fats, fats and more fats, soon. ;) Well, how soon is the issue here. :P
No comments:
Post a Comment